"In Your Face"
Basketball Crazy's E-Newsletter - Issue 4 - February 2010
Welcome to Basketball Crazy’s monthly “In Your Face”
newsletter. It is very exciting to see the newsletter subscription list growing by over 100 in the last month. This Newsletter provides specific information
about the Basketball Crazy Website and to offer something thought
provoking to those readers that are keen to develop aspects of their
game as a player, coach, referee or administrator.
For those Newsletter Subscribers new to you is, the Basketball Crazy Website
which has hundreds of web pages of general information about basketball. For
the cost of a basketball book @ $27.50, you can have a six-months
subscription to the website including a wealth of information about
basketball with the added bonus that this website will continue to
develop everyday. This is just the start!!
Standard Newsletter Content:
- Monthly interview with a high profile basketball community member
- Feature Website Extract
- Basketball Crazy's Products and Services
- What is new through February
- World of Basketball
Basketball Crazy hopes you enjoy this February "In Your Face" Newsletter Edition
Interview With Mick Downer (Well known assistant coach at the Carins Taipans)
Basketball Crazy interviewed well known assistant coach Mick Downer with a view to provoke thinking towards solutions for issues
currently facing Australian basketball. Mick has coached many young
athletes with a number of these athletes acheiving WNBL, NBL and scholarships in USA
colleges. Mick also talks about his version of the role of an assistant coach in the National Basketball League.
Mick Downer's Interview (Click Here)
Previous Interviews (Click Here
Feature Website Chapter Extracts for February
The following chapter extracts are from the key development areas of the Basketball Crazy Website:
Chapter 5 Drills & Conditioning
Any player or coach must introduce regular ball handling drills into their program to maximise skills and confidence while handling the ball. Basketball Crazy Members can now access over 50 drills outline in the following two sub-chapters:
5.3 Ball Handling - Touch (101-119)Note: These professionally illustrated drills are easily read and understood enabling quick comprehension of the correct action and technique.
5.4 Ball Handling - Dribble (single ball 151-169) & (multiple balls 201-219)
- The drills can be printed off in colour and laminated
- A coach or player can place a hard copy of the drills on the court so that players or small groups can rotate from drill to drill.
- A coach can print off the full set for personal use and bring different ball handling drills to training each time.
For Example, Click on the following pictures:
Chapter 3 – Player Development
This chapter covers all the skills and attributes of becoming
an all-round basketball player. There is excellent information and
illustrations on player passing and dribbling skills, player shooting
skills and player stance & movement.
Examples of the illustrations
Basketball Crazy Products and Services
The following products and services are now available for your consideration:
What Is New Through February?
Well apart from the whole Basketball Crazy website being open for business for less
than four months, the following new webpages have been added in February:
- Offenses: The following offensive set plays have been added to Chapter 2 Coaching Development:
- Zone Offence - 22.214.171.124 Offence - Zone (Swinging Overload)
- Zone Offence - 126.96.36.199 Offence - Zone (Swinger)
- Various Drills: The following passing drills have been added to Chapter 5 Drills & Conditioning:
- 5.3 Ball Handling - Touch (18 Ball Handling Drills 101-119)
- 5.4 Ball Handling - Dribble (36 Ball Handling Drills 151-169 & 201-219)
- 5.5.5 Shooting - Half Court (3 Line Lay-up)
- 5.11.5 Passing - Half Court (2 on 2 No Dribble)
- 5.11.102 Passing - Full Court (3 Line 2 Ball)
The World Of Basketball - Things You Might Find Interesting
Communication With In A Team - Proof It Works:
- New Book Reviews: Basketball Crazy hopes to encourage players and coaches to read and
place positive information into their thinking and approach to the
game. If you place good stuff into your head then you will receive
good stuff coming out. By reading about successful people you too can
emulate and learn from the best. This book review has been added to
Chapter 6 Psychology & Motivation
- 188.8.131.52.106 J-Mac - The Game Of My Life - Check out the Video as well (Click Here)
Scientific proof that good communication on a team leads to improved performance
Dave McGinnGlobe and Mail Update: (Click Here)
Point Guard Focus
- Some interesting material on the Point Guard position:
Basketballers Having Fun - Basketball Tricks
Aussies in America: Chapter 7 – Player Opportunities
A special feature of this chapter is 7.6 College Scholarship. You can learn more about what it takes to get into college and what you have to do to entice a college to make an offer.
A list of current Aussies playing in USA
Much More To Come
Help us help you. The more people that become involved with Basketball
Crazy, the more development and resources will become available. Part
proceeds from the website, products and services will go towards future
development of services and resources to benefit basketball including
support for those clubs and associations that create the greatest
interest in our website. Basketball Crazy is also interested in
receiving basketball stories and items of interest from readers.
Please forward this newsletter onto coaches, team mates, family and friends and allow them to benefit as well.
Your feedback is most welcome: Contact Us
If you missed our last "In Your Face Newsleter" Click Here (Newsletter History)
Should you wish not
to receive future “In Your Face” Newsletters, Please use this